Grain Farmers of Ontario (GFO) has awarded 10 scholarships to Ontario students through the Grain Farmers of Ontario Legacy Fund Scholarship program.
Opinion: Cows, oil and elephants
More than 30,000 people met recently in Egypt for the 27th United Nations Conference of the Parties (COP27) to deal…
The scholarship encourages the pursuit of higher education in any area of study that will benefit agriculture or agri-food and supports the development of future leaders in these areas. In this inaugural year, GFO set out to award up to 10 scholarships of $5,000 to support each individual’s studies and the cost of school.
The Legacy Scholarship received 106 applications that were judged (with names removed) by members of the Board of Directors. The GFO congratulates the following recipients:
- Connor Dawson (Lanark), studying Precision Agriculture – Techgronomy at Olds College, Alberta
- Elizabeth Drake (Stratford), studying Economics – Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University
- Jesse Fay (New Hamburg), studying Aerospace Engineering at Carleton University
- Brendan Gill (Puslinch), studying Food and Agricultural Business at the University of Guelph
- Jack Heintz (Ayr), studying Computer Science at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Jake Littlejohn (Lakeside), studying Biology and Biotechnology at Carleton University
- Jillian Ohm (Monkton), studying Agriculture at the University of Guelph
- Joe Rastapkevicius (West Lorne), studying Agriculture at the University of Guelph
- Anuja Shrestha (Guelph), studying Plant Agriculture at the University of Guelph
- Katie Voskamp (Tiverton), studying Commerce at the University of Guelph
The Grain Farmers of Ontario Legacy Scholarship will open again for applications in Summer 2023.